Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Inspiration Spreads Like Wildfire ~ Victoria Secret?

Inspiration can come from the strangest places! This week I got some promotional junk email from Victoria Secret and was blown away. My montra for Innov8ive Knits is: a modern twist on a traditional craft. What is more modern and totally in style than Victoria Secret? I can take a que when one is laid in my lap!

When people think of hand knitted clothes, they think like: sweater vests, corny christmas sweaters, etc. I am trying to break the mold on how people see knitting and this is it!

VictoriaSecret.com
This is totally do-able by hand... it would be a hell of a project, but still totally do-able! This is the kind of thing Innov8ive Knits is all about (and apparently Victoria Secret too lol).  It would be incredibly time consuming and expensive, but this is the kind of statement I want to make with the business. Not necessarially sexy (although sexy is good) but to scream at the top of my lungs that knitting IS not just itchy wool unflattering sweaters anymore. I am currently looking for patterns with this essence that I can modify to make an amazing sweater dress. Keep your eyes peeled, this will hit a future friday soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD