Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tunic Time - A gift for my inner "Diva"

This weekend I finally wrapped up a project I have had on the sidelines for some time now. In all the hustle of life and starting my business it has been hibernating on the side. When you work on a project for so long (close to 6 months) it starts to lose it's shine and I had basically gotten tired of looking at it until it got finished and I got to (finally) see it in all its glory the way it was meant to be seen- instead of in a project bag on needles. I must admit it was one of the most simple of projects as far as a garment goes that I've ever done. Which may have contributed to why it took so long because it is massive and… well kind of a boring knit. It would be a great first clothing project for a new knitter.

The finished product is quite pleasing, and although I'm usually not a big fan of purple I really like it here. Not to mention since I generally don't like purple it's a unique and different addition to my wardrobe. Being a knitted garment, it likes to cling to all the great curvy spots you don't want anyone to know exists but a nice accent belt cleans that up nicely and gives it a better shape (there is no waist/hip shaping in this pattern so it's pretty blocky here).

Pattern: Diva Tunic


Guest apperance by Romeo

 












Me and my photographer/fiance :)

I would have gone outside and taken much better pictures but if you aren't from the area it's 100 degrees outside and 80% humidity here. By the time I walked from my door and down 3 flights of stairs to somewhere good to do a shoot, I would be so sweaty I'd look like I just jumped out of the pool. Needless to say, that's so not happening. Maybe when the fall comes around we will do another.

2 comments:

  1. I love the tunic! It looks fantastic (and great on you as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm so glad to see it out of my project bag. Welcome to the blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD