Saturday, August 27, 2011

Inspiration spreads like wildfire.

Not once as a kid growing up or in college when someone asked me what I wanted to do with my life did I ever say, "I want to be in sales! I want to work under someone else and be told what to do." I always said something along the lines of: live on the moon! be a movie star! start my own business! But I found myself doing the desk jockey dance. Now don't get me wrong, I'm so blessed to have a job but it's not life on the moon.

I eventually came to a point where I realized HEY this is MY LIFE! Why spend what little time I have on this world slaving over the motions and doing what I feel like I have to do?!?! I don't HAVE to do anything (well except eat and sleep of course). I get up every morning and DECIDE what to do, DECIDE how to feel, DECIDE where my life goes today. That's the moment I made a conscious decision to truly DECIDE where I take my life. That's how Innov8ive Knits was born.

At first I was hesitant to tell anyone about it. I was so scared to put myself out there for criticism; to hear that my ideas might not be as great as I think; that it may never amount to anything. But I did gain the courage and was blown away by the responses. There are so many people out there dying to float away from the mundane and live the life they imagined as a child. The life they wanted before the world poisoned them into thinking it should be something else; that dreams and creativity are unacceptable. I never knew that so many people (several very close to me) were secretly dreaming of so much more beyond their patients or computer screens when they go home at night.

I am proud to say that in my efforts to chase my dream (however this may turn out), Innov8ive Knits has inspired others around me (whom shall remain nameless until they are ready to shout it to the world themselves) to follow after their own hearts.

Can you imagine how wonderful the world would be if inspiration like this spread like wildfire? Like dominoes; one person after another until the entire universe was full of people who were pursuing their dreams? What a wonderful place this would be if every soul were fulfilling their true purpose!

I encourage you to evaluate-I mean right NOW. If you aren't doing what you want, DECIDE to do it. Whether it be full time, on the weekends, or your lunch break if that's the only time you can. Let the wildfire take you over and show the world you aren't a robot. Show the world what you really want to do, you may be surprised with the outcome. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD