Thursday, December 8, 2011

Goals for December

Source: http://smallbiztrends.com/2011/01/better-business-goals-2011.html

I think it's a great thing to set short term goals for yourself, especially a business. Sometimes it can get discouraging when you have a long term goal and it doesn't happen overnight. Well duh- by definition it's a LONG term goal. None the less, it can still get you down when it doesn't happen sooner than later. This month I have decided to make a goal for EVERY month. I think this is a great way to set myself up for success, and in sharing this with you I can have a cheerleading team as well :). You are the people that make it happen!

Here's some key things that I want to get done this month:
  • Add at least 5 items to my Etsy store stock
  • Sell at least 5 items in from my Etsy store
  • Introduce the flower clip line to the store
  • Blog more consistantly (this way everyone will know when to expect new things)
  • Create & blog at least 1 treasury a week
  • Make a goal for every month
It's a small list of things, but in the beginning stages of my new business I think that these are plenty and will certainly keep me busy and hopefully more successful than before. I am looking forward to tackling these goals for the month and sharing my process in taking them all down!


Everyone needs a list of short term goals to tackle things in a manageable way and keep the spirits up. What are your goals this month?

2 comments:

  1. I want to commend you for great design, inspirational voice in your posts, and the sharing of your goals.... As soon as I finished reading here I had an idea, a suggestion for you..... Do you pin your work to boards on Pinterest? If not you need to. I linked photos from a few recent blog posts and have had more than thirty leads from Pinterest to my page this week alone. I am 19vesperstreet on Rav if you want to PM me your email, I'll add you if you aren't yet a member! e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! That's so kind of you to say. I do have a pinterest account and periodically put things on my board (I have a board dedicated to my etsy things and another for things that I like on other Etsy stores.) I have had a little traffic from it but not much. Thay may have to do with the fact I haven't put much on Pinterest because I simply haven't had a chance to make a whole lot to put on it yet. I just started a couple months ago. It is a good idea to put a little more emphasis on promoting there more though. I looked you up on ravelry and added you as a friend there and have started to follow you on pinterest too :)

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD