Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up ~ Community & Big Projects

New Year's has come and come and gone; now it's back to the daily grind with a fresh new look. This week I've been tackling 2 large products and got the chance to meet a couple of local fellow Etsians.

A few days ago I started my largest custom order to date - a silk & wool and cardigan. I really can't explain how excited I am about this project! My customer has picked a LOVELY blend of yarn and a beautiful style to work with. Basically my customer asked me to re-create a cardigan she'd seen on someone else. Here's what I've done so far (only a good 4 hours of work at this point):


My other big project I'm trying to blast through to get finished in time is the Mardi Gras scarf. Mardi Gras is just around the corner and I'd love to get this out right at the start of the season. I truly love this scarf. The combination of beading and light airiness is a great representation of the holiday. Even better, the colors are muted enough to wear any time and not just Mardi Gras. I will say that this second scarf is moving along much quicker than the first one I've done. I am considering making another in this pattern but in a different colorway maybe different shades of blue, or if I can find the right yarn a blend of black, green, and grey (my absolute favorite color combo in the Vera Bradley line right now). 


Saturday morning I had the pleasure of meeting a hand full of other Etsy sellers right in my back yard. I was clueless that there were SO many people selling their hand made goodies in my area. By "my area" I mean pretty much in walking distance from my home! It is so exciting to meet in person fellow sellers! In just a little over an hour we had a chance to share a wealth of knowledge between us. It was informative and lots of fun. Here are the links to their stores. Definitely check them out - buy hand made & and local! It doesn't get much better than that.

Southern Starfish ~ Personalized canvases
BronStar Originals ~ growth charts & nursery decor
Atutudes ~ hand made tutu's for girls
Garavan ~ jewelry collage art

4 comments:

  1. I love your Mardi Gras scarf - beautiful color combination!
    Angie (blogging buddies)
    http://godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Mardi Gras Scarf is awesome! I just love the stitch you used with that...so cool!

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Lace is a whole lot of fun, individually standing thousands of beads is another story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to have a chance to meet other Etsy sellers - and so close by! Your Mardi Gras scarf is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD