Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Wrrap Up ~ Options





This week while crrently working my way trough the book "The Artist in the Office" by Summer Pierre I came across a quote that really struck my heart strings. Strangely enough this book seems to do that just about every time I crack the cover - I swear the author is a long lost twin of mine or something. Anyway, what froze me in my tracks that morning was "If you don't know your options, you don't have any". 


I never thought of it that way but it's absolutely true. Heck most of us could be the president one day if we wanted and bothered to search our options and realize that it is in fact possible. This is something that I have thought long and hard about these last few days. What are my options? The entire world is at my (and your) disposal with a little elbow grease when you really squint at it (sometime really really hard with a magnifying glass LOL). Without giving you a whole drawn out story and a long list of complaints - I have struggled some things in my life (like all of us do) and felt trapped, but you know what? I'm not trapped, there's a world of opportunity out there if I bother to take a step back and figure out my options are. You aren't trapped either! Life is too short to spend it feeling like the world around you is sub-par because it's all about what you make it.  When I finish this book I'll do a full review on it because so far I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone (not even artists) that is working through a day job that is not included in their "long term" goals.






 Speaking of making your life and other things just the way you want I have been working on another one of these great little guys and expect to be listing him in the store sometime this coming week. I really enjoy this little dude and it's a great summer item seeing as how he's not a big hot sweater :). Each one of his hairs are individually cut and attached to his head. That's a LOT of cutting and attaching my friends Mr. Lion here for such a small head has a whole ton of hair, but that's what makes him so darn cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD