Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Little Bundle of Joy

My maid of honor is having a little boy and I couldn't be any more excited for her!!! As a new and growing tradition, all of my closest friends have gotten a special blanket for their little new ones for their baby gifts.  As I've mentioned in previous posts we have picked out a pattern: it consists of small squares, each row a different color. Here's my inspiration:


http://www.ravelry.com/projects/iHodge/tumbling-blocks-blankie-80661ad


Last weekend we picked out a yarn and color. I'll be using Vanna's Choice Baby yarn for this blanket. Generally as a rule of thumb I NEVER buy yarn that I can get at Michael's or Hobby Lobby because it's usually a low quality yarn made with low quality material but this yarn is actually pretty good, not to mention it's machine washable which is SO important with a baby blanket.




So here it is, the color combo and yarn! I'm also going to use the brown as a border for the whole thing. I think this is an excellent color choice by the future mommy! 


I won't be able to get started on it until at least after the wedding, but I can't wait to get it started for him. I think it's going to be beautiful. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful friend & I'm so glad that I can do something this special for her and her first child.


The best thing about making your own baby blankets (or having someone make it for you) is that your can do just about ANYTHING you like. These colors will match his new room just perfect, and the colors are in the EXACT order she wanted them in. I'm always taking custom orders so if you are interested in having one for your next new bundle of joy message me for a quote!

3 comments:

  1. so cute!! It's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh by the way I LOVE reading your blog "knitted bliss" I have your pink grapefruit cowl in my knitting queue! It will be perfect for warmer Alabama weather.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Julie! It's going to be a very fun project :)

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD